I get told often that I look a lot younger than my 29 years, and inevitably people are always asking me what I do to keep my skin in such good condition. Plus I have noticed there is increasing worry about using products on our skins that contain all kinds of synthetic nasties. So I thought I’d let you in on a little secret I call coconut oil.
The average women uses between 10-15 personal care products per day, exposing them to many different combinations of chemicals. Unfortunately some of these are linked to causing cancers, hormonal imbalances and even reproductive system damages. What might be making us pretty on the outside is wreaking havoc on our insides! Here are a few places I use coconut oil that might help you cut down on the damages;
- Moisturiser for the body and face. I used to use make-up remover, eye cream and a myriad of different face washes and moisturisers. Now I just use Doterra’s fractionated Coconut Oil, for me it is the least oily and soaks right in after a shower and works perfectly for all of the above. I’ve also heard it softens the appearance of wrinkle over time.
- Conditioning treatment for your hair. I’m not going to lie, I still use Shampoo and Conditioner (www.davroe.com is my natural brand of choice). But, when my hair is particularly frazzled I coat the ends in coconut oil and put it in a plait for the night. When I wake up my and with a quick rinse my hair is silky and shiny smooth.
- In my coffee! I’ve always loved coffee but unfortunately my adrenal system doesn’t so much. So I blend some coconut oil and organic butter into my coffee, and sometimes a squeeze of honey. Some people don’t like the taste but I love those healthy fats! This way of drinking coffee also extends out the energy over the day, avoiding the jittery shakes, and over time the healthier your adrenals the healthier your skin will stay.
- Massaging particularly for those that don’t like strong smelling massage oils.
- Hand cream, I rub coconut oil into my cuticles and have found now that I never get those nasty sore ones. Some people find this a bit greasy but I think the Doterra brand is perfect.
For more ideas you can check out this handy post http://wellnessmama.com/5734/101-uses-for-coconut-oil/
I’d love to hear about how you introduce more coconut oil into your daily routine… drop me a line below 🙂
About Kerryn Nilsson-Linne: Kerryn is the director of West Coast Wellness, where she coaches clients to reduce stress, overcome addictions, eat well and relax more. Kerryn’s mission is to “encourage and inspire others to value their bodies and live a life they love”.